The paradisiac city of Puerto Vallarta will add rainbow colors to its tropical scenery this upcoming week to celebrate Gay Pride. The luscious variety found in Vallarta does not only include flora and fauna, but it also extends to its inhabitants. Puerto Vallarta holds a mixture of people from all walks of life, ethnicity, nationalities, economic status as well as sexual preference. Nowadays, the LGTBQ+ community also gets support from the local government. This year you can observe the rainbow flag at City Hall.
Puerto Vallarta has seen the LGTBQ+ community settle down on their beaches since the 80s becoming in 2017 the first city in Mexico given the Gay Travel Approved. A year earlier, the Zona Romantica received the award for the Gayhood of the Year. Every month of May since 2013, Puerto Vallarta celebrates Gay Pride offering a wide arrange of events for the occasion.
This year due to the restriction to host massive events, Gay Pride is spread out in events ranging from Bear Party Bus, camping, LGBTQ+ film festivals, theatre to private beach parties.
Events start from May 24 to May 31. They are hosted by SETAC, a nonprofit organization focusing on offering comprehensive and integrated health services for LGBTQ+ community, Pink and Proud, Beardise, Act2PV, and many more.
Monday, May 24th
- Wings for the LGTBQ+. Opening ceremony of Nuestro Orgullo (Our Pride) at Los Muertos pier at 10:00 am. Music will be perform by Alas de Canto ( singing wings) School, where the gay flag will be raised.
- You can enjoy Steven Retches sensual dancing and live vocals at his show “Stevie Hart” at Act2PV, 9:30 pm.
Tuesday, May 25th
- Rustic Campament. An excellent opportunity to spend time with the LGTBQ+ community while surrounded by nature. This will take place at Rancho mi Buelo.
- Mama Tits show at ACT2PV at 9:30 pm
Wednesday, May 26th
- Cocktail Party for women only at Elixir mixology bar by Pink and Proud.
- Chemex. Talk about the risk of certain drugs known in the community.
- Pink Dinner – Pride Kick-Off, honoring drag sensation Shangela at Te Top @ Almar, 7:30 pm.
- Pink Dinner After Party, with Bianca del Rio, Shangela, Effie Passero at the new One Six One bar at 10:00 pm.
Thursday, May 27th
- Bingo with the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, full of laughter and prizes and maybe some spanking, at Hamburger Mary’s Puerto Vallarta, 4:00 pm.
- Womxn-Only Secret Dinner Party organized by Pink and Proud in a secret location, 6:30 pm.
- A night for LGTBQ+ Short Films at Biblioteca Los Mangos, 8:00 pm
- Hedda Lettuce with an exceptional pride performance of “Tossed Salad 2” at Act2PV, 9:30 pm.
- A jockstrap competition comes to Industry Night Club & Wet Dreams present: Strapped night, Best buns contest. May the hottest buns win! 7:00pm
- Gala México Queer, enjoy an evening of traditional Mexican folklore with the talented singer Diamante Negro (Alex Cueva) at Casa Cupula, 8:00pm.
- House Nation Party – Vallarta Pride at One Six One, 8 pm.
- Bear Party Bus, the kickoff of Bearpride, Ride a double-decker bus through Vallarta while sipping cocktails and dancing to DJ Matt Consola frisky tunes, 10:00 pm.
Friday, May 28th
- Bears get together at Frisky Friday, come and savor a zesty margarita at Casa Cupula pool while dancing to local and international DJs and live performances and Gogo bears from 2 pm to 10 pm. Remember, clothing is optional.
- Come by the Health Fair for the LGTBQ+ community host by SETAC at the Lazaro Cardenas Park, also known for its beautiful tile work by local artist Natasha Moraga, from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Conyuges Documentary Film Event, learn about the first three gay couples from Jalisco who legally married in the federal district in 2010, at Blue Chairs, 5:30 pm.
- Fireflies Night/ Honoring Life, an outdoor celebration with Mariachi bands, candles, and fire dancers at Amaria Villas from 8pm to 2am.
- Womxn-Only Pool & Sunset Villa Party. Spend a great evening in this spectacular villa located only 20 minutes from downtown Vallarta. Chill at the pool with live DJ music, engage in a raicilla tasting or take a mixology class. Amaria Villa, from 2 pm to 12 am.
- Laugh the evening away with Karma La Perra at her show, “Keeping Up with Karma,” from belly dancing to incredible costumes at Act2PV, 9:30 pm.
Saturday, May 29th
- Join yoga teacher Victor Rodriguez at Yoga En Comunidad. Come to Oscar’s lavish garden in front of the Cuale River and ocean for a yoga practice that will engage your body, mind, and spirit, bringing you closer to the community, 9:00 am.
- Casa Cupula host Exhibitionist Party, for all bears and friends. Dance to talented national and international DJs while chilling at the pool. Get delighted with the international start Rocco Steel performance and Gogo Bears, from 2 pm to 10 pm.
- Beach Party with an exceptional performance of Crystal Waters at Mantamar Beach Club Beach, 7:00 pm.
- Assist a pyramid scheme conference by “Dragtor” Aurora L. Vallarta where she will present her newest product line, “Mexican Jill Pawer” created to achieve a “healthier sexuality”. This cabaret show will entertain you from beginning to end. Don’t forget to bring some friends, you may reach diamond member status!. Act2PV, 8:00 pm.
Sunday, May 30th
- Get a side of fun with your eggs at Hotel Mercurio Drag Brunch, from 10 am to 2 pm. After brunch, stay for Beers, Boys and Burgers’ relaunching, 4 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Make it to the Beach T-Dance at Mantamar Beach Club Beach, it will be a surprise performance, and fireworks start at 3:00 pm.
- What a better way to end up Gay Pride celebrations than at a party in the exclusive and private Bearadise Beach? Come to La Fiesta Cachonada from 2 pm to 10 pm. Boats will be waiting at Los Muertos pier at 2 pm.
- Womxn-Only Closing Cocktail Party, at Elixir Mixology Bar, from 7:00 pm until late.
- Red Dress Party: United against HIV. Dress in red to create awareness about HIV. It can be a dress or a swimsuit, your choice. Amaria Villa, 8:00 pm to 2:00 am.
Monday, May 31st
- “Donation Day” with Krispy Kreme. Support the LGTBQ+ community at the Krispy Kreme bake sale to collect money for organizations like DOW, AC, Santa Barbara Rehab Clinic, San Juan Shelter, and SETAC, which work help those in need. SETAC Versalles, from 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Closing Event: “Supermana, Help Me”, renowned performer and activist “La Supermana” will offer a politically incorrect conference on how to be happy even if you don’t want to, at The Palm, 6pm.
You have plenty of options where to choose from this Vallarta Gay Pride. Enjoy and be safe!